Google My Business
Do you need to have a website to take advantage of Google My Business? – No
Do you need a brick and mortar shop/office/showroom to be eligible to use Google My Business? – No
Should all businesses use their Google My Business listing? – Absolutely, yes!
The only requirement for using Google My Business is that you must have some face-to-face interaction with your customers — in other words, you can’t operate 100% online.
Are the majority of businesses setting up their GMB listing correctly or using it to their advantage? – No, but we can teach you how to do so and give your business a competitive advantage.
Want to learn how to correctly optimise and strategically update your Google My Business profile driving new local customers to your business?
We have now created a PDF downloadable eBook, a walk through step by step of what you need to do to get business from your Google My Business listing. Learn at your own speed and always have the course information to refer back to.
The course covers:
- Why all businesses need a Google My Business Listing
- Setting up your listing correctly
- Types of posts with which to update your Google My Business profile
- Google Reviews – where to find them & why they matter
- Edits on your profile made by 3rd parties
- Google Maps and how adding the simple word “BEST” to your search influences the rankings
- Plus how to choose the correct category for your listing and how to create an e-mailable and personal link to take customers directly to your review page to leave their five star review.
More Information about Google My Business
How do you find a new hairdresser?
Somewhere to get a bicycle fixed.
The new hottest restaurant for a treat?
You go straight to Google – and that’s what your customers are doing too when they are looking for a baker; a shoe shop, an Accountant – potentially your business!
If your SEO is correct, robust and regularly reviewed, then they will find your website.
SEO – Search Engine Optimisation – is crucial for all websites. It can be a difficult skill to learn, the rules need to applied methodically, and these rules often change without any warning and almost no guidance.
It is a constant learning process.
But there is a more straightforward tool, which when correctly set up and regularly updated CAN give you an advantage even before you start to worry about the SEO on your website.
It will work for you even if you don’t have a website.
Google My Business is that tool and is part of what is known as Local SEO – the second element being listings on sites such as Yell, Yelp and Thompson Local.