LEARN HOW TO SET UP AND OPTIMISE GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
THE SMALL BUSINESS GUIDE TO GOOGLE MY BUSINESS
97% of consumers search for local businesses online
78% of mobile online searches result in offline purchases
64% of consumers say they check the online review on Google before visiting a business
DO YOU WANT YOUR BUSINESS TO BE SHOWN ON PAGE 1 OF GOOGLE?
There is a quick and easy way to get your business mentioned on page one of Google search results –
Google will even help you do it.
Google My Business is a powerful marketing resource that’s seriously under-utilised by small businesses
When used correctly this platform can help you achieve:
Increased numbers of local customers through visibility in Google Maps and on Local Search Results
A higher position for your website in Google searches by customers worldwide
“Social Proof” for new customers when they read all the great reviews about your business
SEO can seem intimidating and overwhelming when you run your own small business.
Where to start, who to ask for advice, and heaven knows what keywords are……
Let me take you through the process step by step.
Step 1 – Get your business onto Google My Business.
All businesses, so long as they are not only online, need a GMB listing regardless of whether or not you have a website where you more traditional think of SEO coming into play. Google My Business is part of what is known as Local SEO.
Google My Business allows you to:
- be seen on page 1 of Google with your listing, and above the Ads shown there too
- create a full business profile which shows images of and within your business
- gives your contact details and opening hours to potential customers
- create posts highlighting special offers, events and news
- customers to contact you and
- is the best place for customers to leave reviews, as these in turn will boost your website rankings on Google.
A listing on GBM will also mean that your business will show up in Google Maps which is vital for local searches.
You can also keep track of your stats and edit everything on the go by installing the dedicated Google My Business app on your phone.